Disfigurement stemming from a fire-related accident can have a serious and lasting impact. Atlanta disfigurement attorney James Ponton works with those who have suffered a disfigurement due to the intentional or reckless acts of others. We are here to help, please contact us online or call Ponton Law today at 404-418-8507.
A Look at Facial Disfigurement
One of the most common types of disfigurement is facial disfigurement. Facial disfigurement can occur for many different reasons. Natural reasons for facial disfigurement include:
- Birth related disfigurements, birthmarks or other disfigurement caused by the individual’s genetic makeup
- Health conditions after birth, such as eczema, acne or vitiligo
- Accidents, such as motor vehicle collisions or fire-related accidents
Unfortunately, facial disfigurement can occur due to the reckless or intentional acts of others. Contact us today if you or a loved one has suffered from a disfigurement that was caused by the reckless or intentional acts of another. The person or persons responsible for the disfigurement should be held accountable and we are here to help you and your family.
Living With a Disfigurement
The online magazine Nursing Times has identified some of the issues that those suffering with disfigurement face on a daily basis.
- Those with a disfigurement have a real sense of being invisible yet at the same time highly visible – people stare.
- Strangers feel they have permission to comment on or ask questions about a person’s appearance.
- A person with a disfigurement may feel uncertain of what to expect from others, and how to respond.
- Many have increased self-consciousness because they feel they are “on duty” all the time, and must maintain a near-constant vigilance to protect themselves from others.
- Many do not believe they can be in intimate relationship and feel alone and isolated, and therefore cannot go out.
- Some express feelings of anger, embarrassment and a need to be “fixed.”
- Sometimes there is a lack of communication with family and friends.
Furthermore, many living with a disfigurement will feel the social pressures associated with stereotyping and myths linked to disfigurement. These are just a few of the issues that those who are living with a disfigurement face daily.
Call Atlanta disfigurement attorney James Ponton at 404-418-8507 today to discuss the suffering you and your family has gone through due to a disfigurement.
What Types Of Damages Are Available For Disfigurement Claims?
If a fire-related disfigurement was caused by the intentional or reckless acts of another, you and your family might be entitled to significant damages. There are many types of damages that could be available, but the three most common are:
- General Damages: General damages are provided for those things that are not easily calculated. For example, someone who is suffering from a disfigurement might be entitled to general damages for their loss of companionship or for the pain and suffering he or she has endured.
- Special (or Specific) Damages: Special damages are those that are more easily calculated. Special damages could include things like medical bills or the cost of medicine or lost wages.
- Punitive Damages: In certain instances, where the conduct of the person who caused the disfigurement was truly atrocious, punitive damages could be awarded. These types of damages are meant to punish and are usually only granted in certain situations where there was malice or extreme indifference.
The sooner we become involved in your case, the sooner we can help you track your losses and help you and your family get the compensation that they deserve.
Contacting Atlanta Disfigurement Attorney James Ponton
Atlanta disfigurement attorney James Ponton has dedicated his practice to helping the injured get the compensation that they deserve. Please contact us online or call Ponton Law today at 404-418-8507, we are here to help you and your family.