If you’re injured in a slip and fall at Walmart, you have a right to sue. It’s a legal requirement for Walmart to provide a safe environment for all its customers. Victims are entitled to compensation for their injuries which may require filing a slip and fall claim against Walmart. Hiring an Atlanta Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer enables you to recover a settlement from Walmart which is a very difficult company to sue.
What Makes Walmart So Difficult to Sue?
It’s never an easy task to pursue legal action against a large corporate entity such as Walmart. Here are some of the reasons why:
Walmart is the largest retailer in the country. They are therefore able to defend legal claims against them vigorously through the use of their unlimited resources.
Most companies pay for liability coverage to protect themselves from premises liability lawsuits. And, the insurance companies strive their best to avoid having to pay the claims. However, Walmart is very large that instead of buying third party coverage, they have their own company that handles liability claims. Walmart will discredit and deny your claim since they have a direct financial incentive in paying for any damages.
How to File a Slip and Fall Claim against Walmart
Although filing a slip and fall claim against Walmart may be difficult, you should not give up. Here is how you should go about it:
Getting Competent Legal Representation
In order to match up to the vigorous defense team at the disposal of Walmart, you will need competent legal representation. Seeking help from our Atlanta car accident lawyers is a step in the right direction. We have a track record of winning settlements from large retailers. Our experienced lawyers will help you in:
- Determining if your injury has a valid claim and the responsible party was negligent.
- Building an evidence base for proving your claim. Which will scare Walmart from going to court.
- Handling Walmart personally and saving you from having to deal directly with the Walmart lawyers.
An Atlanta car accident lawyer is also very useful in negotiations. For us, everything is negotiable. This means coming up with strong evidence and countering any aggressive tactics on the bargaining table.
Documentation of Facts in Your Claim
Since Walmart brings forth such a strong defense team, there’s a need for documentation that supports every fact in your claim. Our highly skilled lawyers will ensure that you have all the documentation before you even file your claim. Such documentation may include:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene are best taken at the time of the accident.
- Statements from witnesses and other customers about the hazard that caused your fall.
- A medical diagnosis from your doctor after the accident.
- Medical bills that show the cost of your treatment as well as any future costs.
- Work records that show the time you missed from work due to the accident.
- Evidence from the public records of Walmart that show they had prior knowledge of the hazard that you slipped on.
Do Not Leave Your Slip and Fall Injury at Walmart to Chance
Many Walmart customers have been injured at the parking lots on their way into the store. Walmart is liable for such injuries along with others that result from slipping on toys left on the aisles. Countless victims fail to file claims since they think they have no chance. Which should not be your case if you seek the help of our Atlanta car accident lawyers. Call us today at (404)-418-8507.