Atlanta Head-on Collisions Lawyer
Vehicle accidents can cause serious harm and even death. Head-on collisions are exceptionally dangerous to drivers and passengers because the impact is concentrated directly into the car. Catastrophic harm can be created when vehicles moving at high speeds come into contact.
James Ponton has worked with families trying to recuperate after a serious car accident. He is an experienced and dedicated attorney who is prepared to assist you if you have been in an accident. Contact us online or call Ponton Law today at 404-418-8507 to get started.
The Devastating Impact of Head-on Collisions
Head-on collisions are one of the most serious types of vehicle accidents. A head-on collision can lead to severe permanent injuries or even death. Serious injuries include:
- Spinal injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Brain damage
- Serious blood loss
After an accident, seek immediate medical attention — then call us at 404-418-8507 to discuss your case.
Are There Ways to Limit the Damage Caused by a Vehicle Accident?
Accidents are extremely scary and confusing. There are several steps that can be taken before, during, and after an accident that may help to lessen the damage done.
Before an accident:
- Slow down: Increased speed lessens a driver’s response time. Furthermore, accidents at low-speeds tend to cause less damage than those at higher speeds.
- Accelerate: Sometimes it may be necessary to accelerate to avoid hitting something moving across the road in front of you. Still, acceleration can be dangerous and you should only do so if it will avoid the immediate danger and not cause unnecessary risk.
- Wear a seatbelt: Wearing a seatbelt can dramatically decrease the risk of serious injury or death during a car accident.
- Buy a safe vehicle: Not all vehicles are made the same. If you can afford further safety features, purchase them.
- Secure potential projectiles: Things that may seem safe can become extremely dangerous during an accident. Placing items in a vehicle’s trunk will prevent those things from hitting passengers during an accident.
During an accident:
- Rely on your anti-lock brake system: Modern breaking systems generally rely on an automated pumping system to help slow or stop a vehicle. Generally, the fastest way to stop is to firmly press on the break while the anti-lock brake system does the work.
- Remain in control or regain control of your vehicle: Drivers should always try to maintain control of their vehicles and that includes during an accident. Depending on the seriousness of the accident, a driver may need to guide the vehicle away from other vehicles, pedestrians, or dangerous terrain — even while the accident is occurring.
- Avoid sudden movements: Like increased speed, an increase in movement can limit response times. Furthermore, it is easier to lose control of a vehicle when it is moving left to right in sudden spurts.
- Aim where you will do the least damage: During the accident, try to direct your vehicle where it will do the least harm. For example, if you are in an accident on a highway, try to angle your vehicle to the side of the road and not into traffic lanes.
- Stay in normal driving position: Try to maintain a seated position (do not crouch or bend, unless necessary). Cars are designed to shield drivers and passengers from injury while they are in a seated position. Allow the design of your vehicle to do its job.
After the accident:
- Call 911: The sooner rescue personnel arrive, the sooner injured persons can receive treatment. Medical professionals are better able to assess injuries, so it is best to have them arrive as soon as possible.
- Get out of the way of further harm: If possible, move away from the accident scene. Accidents are obstructions to normal driving. That said, an accident scene is often a dangerous place to be. However, there are times when it is safer to remain in your vehicle until emergency support arrives.
Contacting an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer at Ponton Law
Please call Ponton Law today at 404-418-8507 if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a car accident. Ponton Law believes that exceptional legal service for suffering after a car accident begins with open and honest communication. Call us today to discuss your case.