Reckless Driving And Speed
Atlanta Reckless Driving And Speed Lawyer
Reckless driving occurs when a driver operates his or her vehicle outside the bounds of safety. There are many forms of reckless driving, including:
- Speeding. Speeding is when a driver operates their vehicle at speeds faster than the posted speed limits. Speed limits are set to protect all drivers and traveling more than these speed puts everyone at risk.
- Tailgating. When a driver follows closely behind another driver they are tailgating. Tailgating is particularly dangerous because it reduces the tailgating driver’s ability to stop or respond quickly to traffic in front of them.
- Illegal Passing. Illegal passing occurs when a driver chooses to pass the driver in front of them in a no passing zone or in a dangerous manner.
- Weaving. Swerving or weaving in and out of traffic is dangerous because it causes more variables on the road which leads to greater congestion and reduced reaction times.
- Driving Defective Vehicles. Knowingly driving a vehicle that has defective breaks or is otherwise not operating properly is dangerous to all drivers.
Reckless drivers should be held accountable for the injures and damage that they cause. If you have been the victim of a reckless driver, then contact a car accident lawyer at Ponton Law today to discuss your case.
Why is Speeding So Dangerous?
Speeding is particularly dangerous because it reduces a driver’s reaction time to condition changes. According to AutoInsurance.org, speeding has serious negative consequences.
- Speed is a factor in one-in-three of all fatal car accidents.
- Men are more likely than women to be involved in fatal car accident involving excessive speed.
- Men under 30 are the most common demographic to speed.
Unfortunately, younger and therefore less experienced drivers tend to speed more than other types of drivers. Drivers with less experience have more difficulty judging stop times and are less able to anticipate abrupt changes in traffic patterns or conditions.
The experienced legal team at Ponton Law can help explain your rights and options under the law if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident. Please contact us online or call Ponton Law today at 404-418-8507 to discuss your case.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
After an accident, you should try to remain calm. Evaluate your situation and try to decide if it is safer to remain in your vehicle or if you need to get away from the accident scene. Your safety should be your first concern, but if you are able, get as much wreckage out of the flow of traffic as possible.
Contact emergency help by dialing 911. The sooner police and rescue arrives at the scene of the accident the sooner the accident scene can be made safe and you can get the medical attention you need. Do not refuse medical assistance if it is offered. If you are injured a medical evaluation is critical in determining the extent of those injuries and to getting you on your way to recovery.
After you have sought medical attention, contact us by calling 404-418-8507.
How Can an Atlanta Car Accident Attorney at Ponton Law Help Me?
Contact Ponton Law today at 404-418-8507 if you have been injured by a reckless or speeding driver. Those who caused your injuries should be held accountable. Attorney James Ponton has dedicated his practice to helping the injured. Let us help you.