Representing Personal Injury Victims in Alpharetta
Facing Challenges After An Injury In Alpharetta?
OUR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY IS AT YOUR SERVICE.Get help now
Accidents can happen to even the most careful people, and when they do, many victims will suffer painful and debilitating injuries. At Ponton Law, our Alpharetta personal injury lawyers represent injured men, women, and children in personal injury cases. We aim to ensure you receive the money you deserve and treat you respectfully throughout the entire process.
Some accidents cause only minor injuries, and victims wrongly think there is no reason to call a lawyer. Anyone involved in a motor vehicle collision, slip and fall, or other accident should contact our law firm. We can fully analyze your claim, including your injuries, to determine the best course of action. Many people who think they have no right to sue end up receiving thousands of dollars in a settlement.
Georgia limits the amount of time accident victims have to vindicate their rights, so it is critical to call an experienced law firm. Please reach out to Ponton Law to speak with an Alpharetta personal injury lawyer.
Our Personal Injury Experience
We stand ready to assist anyone injured in an accident, including:
- Auto Accidents. Motorists suffer injuries in rear end collisions, intersection accidents, rollovers, sideswipes, and other crashes. You can make a claim on the other driver’s insurance or sue anyone responsible for the crash.
- Truck Accidents. Large trucks cause incomprehensible damage when they collide with lighter vehicles on Alpharetta’s roads. Our law firm can submit a claim for injuries to the trucking company and seek full compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Riding a motorcycle is a popular hobby in Georgia, with riders coming from around the country to enjoy our weather. However, hundreds of motorcyclists are injured every year, and you should meet with our law firm to discuss your right to sue.
- Bicycle Accidents. Cyclists face many hazards, including negligent drivers, potholes, road debris, and inclement weather. Even someone opening a door in a car parked by the curb can lead to a devastating accident. Reach out to our law firm to better understand your legal options.
- Uber/Rideshare Accidents. Rideshare companies like Uber have exploded in popularity, but injured passengers need legal assistance understanding their rights. Any motorist struck by an Uber should also meet with us to determine if they can sue.
- ATV, RV, Mobile Home, Airplane & Bus Accidents. Accidents involving these vehicles are somewhat rare, but victims can suffer life-changing injuries just the same. Our Alpharetta personal injury lawyer is glad to help in any way possible.
- Premises Liability Accidents. Property defects injure countless people every year. You might have been hurt in a government building, retail store, or private home. You deserve compensation.
- Slip and Falls. Anyone who falls can suffer a concussion, back injury, or whiplash, along with other injuries. Our clients have slipped on ice, rainwater, condensation, trash, spilled liquids, and loose tiles. We hold negligent owners accountable for these accidents.
- Construction Accidents. Construction is one of the most dangerous jobs in Georgia, and workers can suffer injuries in falls, explosions, fires, and electrocution accidents. Even bystanders injured on or around a construction site have rights to compensation.
Compensation for Your Losses
A personal injury claim seeks compensation for:
- Medical care to treat your injuries. Many victims are rushed to the hospital for life saving treatment. Medical care includes diagnostic tests like x-rays, surgery, doctor’s appointments, prescription medication, and rehabilitation.
- Lost income. Some of our clients miss months of work to recover. You should not have to suffer financial stress when hurt in an accident.
- Property damage. Your car might suffer serious damage or even be totaled in an accident.
- Pain and suffering. Accidents do more than bankrupt people with medical bills. Injuries also cause inconvenience, headaches, physical pain, and emotional distress. You should receive money as compensation for this pain and suffering.
- Future losses. We can also request compensation to cover any reasonably certain future expenses. For example, someone with a catastrophic brain injury might need future surgeries or at-home help for decades.
In a small number of cases, you can also seek punitive damages to punish a defendant for abhorrent behavior. Georgia law allows you to seek these damages if the defendant intentionally injured you or acted in a willful and wanton manner. Call Ponton Law to review the facts and receive an estimate of how much you might receive.
Georgia Comparative Negligence
OCGA § 51-12-33 comes into play in many personal injury cases. You need a lawyer who understands comparative negligence and how it can prevent you from obtaining a fair settlement. Put simply, Georgia law allows you to seek compensation if you were negligent and contributed to your accident. However, anyone who is 50% or more responsible is prevented from suing.
Imagine you fall in a grocery store because you slip on some trash on the floor. The store should have cleaned it up, but they blame you for looking at your phone as you entered, which means you could be partially at fault for your slip.
Even someone less than 50% responsible is impacted by comparative negligence. Your damages are reduced proportionally. A person who is 40% at fault will not receive 40% of their damages.
After an accident, don’t say anything that a reasonable person would interpret as an acceptance of responsibility. Likewise, avoid giving a long statement to any insurance adjuster about your accident. Odds are they are trying to find evidence that you are primarily at fault so they can pay you less.
How to Bring a Personal Injury Claim
The claims process begins as soon as you are injured. One key is to gather as much evidence as possible to help other people visualize what happened. You can receive compensation if someone else shares fault for the accident. A motorist who runs a red light and strikes you is clearly at fault for a crash, as is a property owner who never warns a guest of a hazard they know about.
If possible, document your accident as well as you can. For example, take pictures of the motor vehicles involved in a crash. Speak with witnesses about what they saw and ask for a phone number or another way of contacting them. If you slipped and fell or were injured on someone’s property, get a picture of the hazard as well.
An insurance company might try to settle your claim right away. The next step is to meet with an Alpharetta personal injury lawyer. Personal injury lawyuers from our firm can review any proposed settlement and advise you about whether to accept it. In our experience, insurers rarely make fair settlement offers.
You Deserve an Experienced Lawyer by Your Side
Ponton Law has helped hundreds of accident victims in Alpharetta receive compensation following an accident. Our team can:
- Collect evidence for you, allowing you to focus on recovery and healing.
- Review all facts to identify the appropriate defendants to sue.
- Analyze any insurance policies and your rights under them as an accident victim.
- Communicate with insurance companies and other parties about your case.
- Develop a strategy for obtaining the most compensation allowed under Georgia law.
- Negotiate effectively for a settlement and litigate the claim in court, if necessary.
Never try to take on an insurance company alone. Our personal injury lawyers have the resources and skills needed to efficiently settle a claim.
Contact our Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyers at Ponton Law
Were you injured in an accident? Receive a complementary analysis of your claim by reaching out to Ponton Law today. Our law firm will stand up to the defendant and their insurance company and demand fair compensation for your injuries. Please call us today, (404) 418-8507, to learn more.