A Sandy Springs Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Hurt as a Pedestrian in Sandy Springs?
We Fight for the Rights of Injured Pedestrians in Sandy SpringsGet help now
Sandy Springs Pedestrian Accident Attorney
At Ponton Law, our Sandy Springs pedestrian accident lawyer is a professional, compassionate, and attentive legal advocate for injured victims and their families. We have the unique expertise to hold insurance companies accountable. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt in a pedestrian crash, we are here as a legal resource. For a free, no-obligation consultation with a top Sandy Springs pedestrian injury attorney please give us a call at (404) 418-8507 or connect with us directly online.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Crash in Sandy Springs, Georgia
Hurt in a pedestrian collision in Sandy Springs or elsewhere in Fulton County? It is crucial that you understand the right steps to take to protect yourself and your rights. Here are four of the most important things to do after a pedestrian accident in Georgia:
- Move to Safety and Call the Police: Always start by ensuring your safety and that of others by moving away from traffic. You should report a pedestrian crash to the Sandy Springs Police Department or another state or local law enforcement agency right away.
- Get Medical Care for Any Injuries: All pedestrian injuries should be assessed by a doctor. Many injuries—for example, concussions—may not be immediately apparent. You need to see a physician to bring a pedestrian accident injury claim in Georgia.
- Document the Pedestrian Crash: Document the scene by taking pictures, noting the license plate of the involved vehicle, and gathering contact details of any witnesses. The more details you have, the better positioned you will be to bring a claim.
- Consult With a Lawyer Before an Insurer: Insurance companies are not on your side. You need an attorney. A skilled Sandy Springs pedestrian accident lawyer can navigate the intricacies of your claim and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
Pedestrians Face a Serious Safety Risk of Traffic
Pedestrians are notably vulnerable to traffic accidents. They lack the physical protection that a vehicle provides its occupants—and, as a consequence, injuries tend to be more severe. Some of the most common pedestrian accident injuries in Sandy Springs include:
- Sprains and strains;
- Soft tissue damage;
- Brain injuries;
- Internal injuries; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Pedestrian Liability in Georgia
In Georgia, negligence plays a significant role in determining fault in a pedestrian accident. A party is considered negligent if they failed to exercise reasonable care, thereby causing harm. A driver is not automatically liable for a pedestrian crash. Every accident must be comprehensively investigated to determine exactly what happened and why it happened.
Georgia uses a modified comparative negligence system—meaning the victim can recover damages even if they were partially at fault, as long as they were less than 50 percent responsible. The amount recoverable is reduced by their percentage of fault. For example, if a pedestrian jaywalked but the driver was speeding, both may be found partially at fault for a Sandy Springs crash.
We Help Injured Pedestrians Recover Full and Fair Compensation
Our mission is to ensure that injured pedestrians receive the full and fair compensation they deserve. We diligently work to secure compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, future care needs, and non-economic damages like pain and suffering. Our Sandy Springs pedestrian accident lawyer has a thorough understanding of Georgia’s pedestrian liability laws, which enables us to build robust cases, allowing our clients to focus on recovery while we fight for their rights. We negotiate with insurance companies, preventing them from underpaying or denying claims unjustly.
Why Trust Sandy Springs Pedestrian Accident Attorney James T. Ponton
Pedestrian accident claims are complex. As a former insurance company defense lawyer, our founding attorney James T. Ponton has unique insight into the tactics and strategies used by the big insurers. We are proactive. Among other things, our Sandy Springs pedestrian accident lawyer can:
- Hear what you have to say and answer your personal injury questions;
- Investigate your pedestrian crash—gathering the evidence you need;
- Represent you in any pedestrian accident settlement negotiations; and
- Take aggressive action to help you secure the absolute maximum compensation.
Contact Sandy Springs Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
At Ponton Law, our Sandy Springs pedestrian accident attorney is always prepared to go the extra mile to help injured victims secure the maximum financial compensation. Hurt in a pedestrian crash? The right lawyer can make the difference. Give us a phone call at (404) 418-8507 or contact our firm online to arrange your free, no-obligation initial legal consultation. We fight for the rights and interests of injured pedestrians in Sandy Springs and throughout all of Fulton County.