Accidents Can Cause
Serious Personal InjuriesGet help now
Atlanta Reckless Driving Attorney
Reckless driving occurs when a driver operates his or her vehicle outside the bounds of safety. These drivers put not just themselves at risk of injury, but all those around them. There are many forms of reckless driving, including:
- Tailgating. When a driver follows closely behind another driver they are tailgating. Tailgating is particularly dangerous because it reduces the tailgating driver’s ability to stop or respond quickly to traffic in front of them.
- Illegal Passing. Illegal passing occurs when a driver chooses to pass the driver in front of them in a no-passing zone or in a dangerous manner.
- Weaving. Swerving or weaving in and out of traffic is dangerous because it causes more variables on the road which leads to greater congestion and reduced reaction times.
- Driving Defective Vehicles. Knowingly driving a vehicle that has defective breaks or is otherwise not operating properly is dangerous to all drivers.
Speeding is when a driver operates their vehicle at speeds faster than the posted speed limits. Speed limits are set to protect all drivers and traveling more than these speeds puts everyone at risk. Speeding is particularly dangerous because it reduces a driver’s reaction time to condition changes. According to AutoInsurance.org, speeding has serious negative consequences.
- Speed is a factor in one in three of all fatal car accidents.
- Men are more likely than women to be involved in a fatal car accident involving excessive speed.
- Men under 30 are the most common demographic to speed.
Penalties for Reckless Driving in Georgia
Georgia takes reckless driving very seriously and imposes a misdemeanor charge for this behavior. With fines upward of $1,000, up to a year of jail time, and other penalties, it’s safe to say this is a behavior with serious consequences. Not to mention the risk of seriously injuring another driver, pedestrian, or bicyclist on our streets.
Helping You Hold Reckless Drivers Accountable For Their Actions
At Ponton Law, we take every case seriously. We know how much of an impact motor vehicle accidents can have on one’s life and will do all we can to fight for our client’s rights. If you or a loved one were injured by a reckless driver, don’t hesitate to contact our reckless driving attorneys in Atlanta today. We’ll help you recover the compensation you deserve.