A Sandy Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Involved in a Motocycle Accident?
Get Help From a Top Sandy Springs Motorcycle Accident LawyerGet help now
At Ponton Law, our Sandy Springs motorcycle accident attorney is a passionate, experienced, and results-oriented advocate for victims. Motorcycle crashes can cause serious injuries—you need the right attorney on your side. If you or your loved one was harmed in a motorcycle wreck, we are here to help. To set up a free, fully confidential consultation with a top Sandy Springs motorcycle accident lawyer, please give us a call at (404) 418-8507 or contact us online.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Crash in Sandy Springs, Georgia
The aftermath of a motorcycle crash can be chaotic and confusing. It is imperative that injured riders take the right approach. Your rights and your interests matter. Here are four of the most important things that you should do after a motorcycle crash in Sandy Springs:
- Stop Your Motorcycle and Report the Crash: In Georgia, all motorists involved in a crash have a duty to stop their vehicle and remain at the scene (except for medical emergencies). Motorcyclists are no exception. Make sure that your collision is reported to the Sandy Springs Police Department or another local/state law enforcement agency right away.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care for Any Injuries: All motorcycle accident injuries require the proper medical evaluation. You may be far more hurt than you initially recognize. Further, you cannot bring a successful motorcycle accident injury claim in Georgia unless you have medical records that prove the extent and severity of your injuries.
- Collect Information and Gather Evidence: Exchange personal and insurance information with the other parties involved. Also, note the contact details of any eyewitnesses. Try to use your phone to take pictures of the scene, injuries, and damages. Jot down key details about the crash, such as weather conditions, road conditions, and the sequence of events.
- Seek Legal Assistance from a Sandy Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer: Before you give any official statement to an insurance company, be sure to consult with a personal injury lawyer who handles motorcycle accidents in Sandy Springs. A top attorney can guide you through the legal process and protect your rights.
Most Motorcycle Accidents Result in Injuries to the Rider
Every motorcyclist in Georgia should wear a well-fitting safety helmet. Riders are especially vulnerable. According to federal highway safety data, approximately 80 percent of motorcycle crashes lead to rider injuries. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries reported in Sandy Springs, GA include:
- Road Rash: Road rash is a term that refers to skin and soft tissue damage that can result from sliding on the pavement. It can lead to severe infections if not treated properly.
- Biker’s Arm: Riders often instinctively use their arms to shield themselves during a fall, leading to fractures, nerve damage, or even permanent disability.
- Broken Bones: Motorcycle accidents can lead to severe broken bone injuries, including arm fractures, leg fractures, and other types of fractures.
- Head Injuries: These can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries. Notably, motorcycle helmets significantly reduce the risk of brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury is always a medical emergency. Even a seemingly small amount of spinal cord damage can lead to paralysis, either partial or complete.
- Internal Injuries: Motorcycle collisions can cause severe internal injuries. The impact can cause damage to internal organs, which can potentially lead to critical harm.
Understanding Motorcycle Accident Laws and Liability in Georgia
Georgia follows a “fault” system when it comes to liability for motorcycle accidents. Under our state’s legal system, the party found to be at fault is held responsible for any resulting damages or injuries. Fault is based on negligence, which is defined as the failure to exercise due care. Fault can be established through evidence such as traffic violation records, accident scene photos, witness testimonies, and police reports.
In many motorcycle crash cases, multiple parties share the blame. Georgia uses a modified comparative negligence system for these types of cases. An injured motorcyclist’s compensation can be reduced in proportion to the percentage of fault. For example, if you were 20 percent at fault for a motorcycle accident in Sandy Springs, that means that your total compensation would be reduced by 20 percent as well. Every motorcycle crash requires a comprehensive investigation by a lawyer.
We Help Injured Motorcyclists in Sandy Springs Recover Full and Fair Compensation
Following a motorcycle accident in Sandy Springs, it is imperative that you know what to do to secure the absolute maximum compensation, including for economic and non-economic damages. Sadly, insurance companies fight to pay out as little as possible to injured motorcyclists. Our Sandy Springs motorcycle accident lawyer is prepared to help you seek compensation for:
- Property damage (motorcycle repairs);
- Emergency room treatment;
- Hospital bills/health care costs;
- Lost wages and lost earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability;
- Physical scarring; and
- Wrongful death.
How Sandy Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer James T. Ponton Can Help
As a former insurance company defense lawyer, our founding attorney James T. Ponton has a unique view into the strategies that the big insurance companies use to try to resolve cases for less. We always go above and beyond to protect the rights and interests of motorcycle accident victims in Georgia. Along with other things, our Sandy Springs motorcycle accident lawyers will:
- Hear your story and answer questions about the motorcycle accident claims process;
- Thoroughly investigate your motorcycle crash to determine exactly what happened;
- Take care of legal paperwork and represent you in any settlement talks with insurers; and
- Develop a comprehensive strategy to ensure that you are in the best position to get justice.
Contact Sandy Springs Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
At Ponton Law, our Sandy Springs motorcycle accident lawyers are committed to investing the time, resources, and personal attention that you can trust. Hurt in a motorcycle crash? We can help. Call us now at (404) 418-8507 or contact our personal injury team online for a no-cost case review. We support injured motorcyclists in Sandy Springs, Fulton County, and all across the wider region.