Sandy Springs Car Accident LawyerGet help now
Sandy Springs Auto Accident Attorney
At Ponton Law, our Sandy Springs car accident lawyer is a fierce advocate for injured victims. With the experience needed to handle the full range of motor vehicle accident cases, we are prepared to protect your rights and your interests. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt in a motor vehicle collision, you need a strong legal advocate on your team. Call us at (404) 418-8507 or connect with us directly through our website to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with a top Sandy Springs auto accident attorney.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Sandy Springs, Georgia
The aftermath of a car crash in Sandy Springs can be confusing and chaotic. Having a plan of action can make a big difference. It is crucial that you know what to do to protect your best interests. Here are four key steps to take after a motor vehicle crash in Sandy Springs, GA:
- Stop Your Car and Report the Crash: If you are involved in a car accident in Sandy Springs, Georgia, you need to stop your vehicle and remain at the scene (except for a medical emergency). Make sure to pull over safely and report the crash to the local police, such as the Sandy Springs Police Department.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care: All car crash injuries in Sandy Springs should be evaluated by a licensed physician. Be sure to seek medical treatment even if you believe that your injuries are not that severe—many car accident injuries are more serious than they initially appear. You must see a doctor to be eligible to bring a personal injury claim.
- Document the Scene of the Accident: Documentation matters. Use your smartphone to take pictures of the accident scene from different angles, including the damages to your vehicle and others involved, any visible injuries, and any contributing factors to the accident (like road conditions, traffic signs, etc.). If there were any witnesses, collect their contact information for future reference.
- Speak to a Lawyer Before an Insurance Adjuster: Before giving a statement to an insurance adjuster, be sure to consult with an experienced Sandy Springs auto accident lawyer. Insurance companies aim to limit their liability, which can mean offering lower settlements. An experienced attorney can provide you with advice, ensuring your rights are protected and helping you to get the compensation you deserve.
The Most Common Reasons Why Auto Accidents Happen
Car crashes happen for a wide variety of different reasons. Though, they tend to share an important commonality: The overwhelming majority of car accidents could have been prevented with due care by all parties. Some of the most common reasons why car crashes happen in Sandy Springs include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving has become one of the leading causes of accidents worldwide. It includes anything that takes your attention away from driving, like texting or talking on your phone, eating, or using a GPS.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast for conditions is a common cause of accidents.
- Drunk Driving and Drugged Driving: Consuming alcohol or drugs impairs the driver’s ability to operate the vehicle safely, often leading to accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving includes a variety of traffic offenses like tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, or running red lights and stop signs.
- Driver Fatigue: Drowsy driving is a serious problem that can lead to accidents. Fatigue impairs reaction time, judgment, and awareness of hazards.
What to Understand About Motor Vehicle Accident Liability in Georgia
Fault matters in a Georgia car crash. Every accident in Sandy Springs should be thoroughly investigated. The party who is determined to be at fault—meaning that they caused the accident through their negligence—can be held responsible for any damages resulting from the accident. Insurance companies typically determine fault based on evidence from the accident scene, police reports, and witness statements. In a limited number of cases, litigation may be required to determine fault. Notably, Georgia also follows a modified comparative negligence rule. An injured victim can recover damages even if they are partially at fault, as long as they are less than 50 percent responsible for the accident. That being said, the amount they can recover will be reduced by their percentage of fault.
We Help Injured Victims in Sandy Springs Recover Compensation
In Georgia, injured victims have the right to seek compensation for economic and non-economic losses through a car accident claim. Sadly, you cannot rely on any insurance company—even your own insurance company—to look out for you and your family. They want to settle claims for less. Our Sandy Springs, GA car accident lawyers help clients seek compensation for the full extent of their damages. Recovery may include:
- Automobile repairs/replacement;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative care;
- Lost wages and diminished earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Trust Sandy Springs Auto Accident Lawyer James T. Ponton
Car accident injury claims are complicated. Our founding attorney James T. Ponton is a former insurance company defense lawyer who uses his unique insight into the system to advocate for the people who need help the most—insurance victims and their families. We know exactly how the big insurance companies operate. When you contact our Georgia personal injury team, you will have a chance to connect with a Sandy Springs car accident attorney who is ready to:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer your car accident questions;
- Investigate your motor vehicle crash, gathering the evidence to prove what happened;
- Ensure that your medical bills and other damages are properly documented;
- Represent you in any insurance settlement negotiations; and
- Do what is needed to help you secure the maximum financial compensation.
Contact Sandy Springs, GA Car Crash Lawyer for a Free Review of Your Case
At Ponton Law, our Sandy Springs auto accident attorneys are standing by, ready to get started on your case. Hurt in a motor vehicle crash? Do not go up against insurers alone. Reach out to us by phone at (404) 418-8507 or contact our firm online for your no-cost, no-obligation consultation. We handle auto accident claims in Sandy Springs, Fulton County, and throughout the region.