A slip-and-fall accident can result in various injuries, including head trauma, broken bones, and spine and back injuries. When a person sustains injury due to the negligence of a premises’ owner, the injured person has the right to claim compensation for medical costs and other damages.
However, the premises owner and their insurer may contest your claim or, at the very least, attempt to underpay you. If you have been involved in a slip-and-fall accident, you should respond quickly to protect your interests.
What to do after a slip-and-fall accident
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: Following a slip-and-fall accident, your wellbeing or the health of your loved one should be your top priority. It is critical to see your healthcare provider if you have been injured to record your injuries accurately. Besides, if you wish to claim compensation for your injury, these medical reports will act as crucial evidence.
- Report the Accident: If you slip or fall anywhere- at a sidewalk, friend’s house, or store, report it to the landlord, manager, or property owner immediately. Ensure that the particulars of the accident are in writing and obtain a copy before you leave.
- Record Everything: It is critical to gather all possible witnesses’ names, phone numbers, and addresses. If you wish to file a claim, their statements can help prove your case. Also, try to photograph the ‘Very’ spot where you fell, as well as any ice spots, stairs, or other factors that led to your accident. Also, note what you were doing just before the accident, how you fell, and any additional relevant information, such as the exact date and time.
- Refuse to make any statements: Maintain your composure and keep your interactions with the manager or premises owner to a minimum. Do not share any information about your incident on social platforms. Refuse to give an insurance provider a statement before you have consulted with a lawyer. Do not assign blame, and do not accept any.
- Make an Appointment With a Lawyer: An accomplished attorney is the right person to have by your side when taking legal action. Since most slip-and-fall cases are complicated and hard to prove, you are better off enlisting the help of a reputable law firm. They have the expertise, knowledge, and proven track record. You can trust the attorney to help you obtain the money you deserve.
Do Not Let Your Slip and Fall Be Overlooked
What you do after a slip and fall is crucial to obtaining a fair settlement on your case. When it comes to preserving and developing your claim after a slip and fall, it is all about proof and documentation. The quicker you hire a professional personal injury lawyer, the better.
Ponton Law Firm has the necessary expertise and resources in prepping slip-and-fall cases for a full recovery. Contact the office at (404)-902-3154 or fill out the short online contact form to get started today. An experienced Atlanta car accident attorney is ready to discuss your case and handle all the legal maze to ensure a successful claim outcome.